[WIP] Vice IV

EncryptedReality

EncryptedReality

user posted image

Information about the project

September , the 2nd 2011 [Project REBOOT]

Project rebooted , aims to take another route of development from previous state

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

[img=http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3029/viceivsig.jpg]

user posted image

[img=http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8955/viceivsig2.jpg]

user posted image

[img=http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7162/viceivsig3.jpg]

user posted image

[img=http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3222/viceivsig4.png]

user posted image

[img=http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6269/viceivsig9.jpg]

user posted image

[img=http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3359/viceivsig10.jpg]

user posted image

[img=http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5659/viceivsig11.jpg]

Mod Contents:

Vice City Map

Only compatible with IV (As title would suggest)

Vice City Stories Additional Content

HD vegetation -> Trees and Palms

Improved texturing of the world

Mod Credits (Currently hiring and expanding)

Avail

Blaster_nl

Flitskikker

gamerzworld

GTARandom

hristobg

Jur1z

ManDog

quechus13

StunterDan

Threepwood

!WARNING! All screenshots between page 1 and 84 are from a OLD build that is removed, all screens from the new build are from page 85 and further!

Edited by GTARandom

Shame IV doesn't even work here. confused.gif

This is something I wanted to see, and I'm more than happy that the first city converted will be Vice, good luck guys. icon14.gif

Also, what's up with the colision?

Edited by H3NR1QU3

Hey GTARandom I did lots of spec and bump maps of the textures you gave me but i couldnt do all of them ill try to send them to you smile.gif

i want to be part of this biggrin.gif

This is gonna be awesome, but it will require some HD textures aswell. Not sure if there is an HD re-texture mod for VC, if there is it would help alot.

Good luck guys.

Yl8KS.jpg

This is gonna be awesome, but it will require some HD textures aswell. Not sure if there is an HD re-texture mod for VC, if there is it would help alot.

Good luck guys.

Remember Paroxum his Vice for SA conversion? I'll have a talk with him tounge.gif might be able to use those then biggrin.gif

EncryptedReality

I've been thinking too.. It would be good if we could get our hands on VCS files! I think that game had a bit more hq textures and it's an official R* release.

For now maybe we can "borrow" textures from Paroxum, this would be an alternative.

You could maybe use iv textures, like make them "blend" in to the VC textures, that way its a mix between IV, and VC, so its the same texture, but HD! biggrin.gif I'd be happy to help out, all u need is to send me textures, (not the files, the like .png .bmp textures)

Awesome mod, btw, thumbs up! icon14.gificon14.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

EncryptedReality

Yeah we could use some textures , but for most part it won't work because IV's original textures are grey and dark , while VC ones are total opposite.

I could edit them a bit though , make them more colored (color pavements in pink like they are in Vice.. etc)

@quechus: thanks for the normal maps and specs textures.

Edited by GTARandom

I dunno what the limitations are exactly, but It may be worth using smoothing groups on the models that shouldn't have hard edges, eg the dirt track

Finally, I'll be watching this one!

o6ifrl.png
Dreaming of California, where the sun never sets.

EncryptedReality

Update with some new pics... (not map related)

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by GTARandom

This looks cool. Cant wait. I cant remember what it was called but I remember that there was a mod for GTA 4 that gave the game a Vice City fealing. You should contact the person who made it and use it with your mod if you get there approval. It would be perfict for this. Anyway keep up the good work.

cold fusion 33

It made IV's atmosphere a lot more like VC's, warmer skies, cleaner, more inviting water and coloured hud icons.

I'm loving the new video (well I'm guessing new video, I've never seen it before) tounge.gif

Smashing Pumpkins gave it that 'VC's original release, early 2000's' feeling lol.gif

I'm looking forward to this more than I'm looking forward to V

Has there even been any news released on V yet?

EncryptedReality

I'm loving the new video (well I'm guessing new video, I've never seen it before) tounge.gif

Smashing Pumpkins gave it that 'VC's original release, early 2000's' feeling lol.gif

Its not a new video tounge.gif its pretty old actually , but it shows my conversion of some parts of Little Haiti i did before.. unfortunately that will have to be redone because these models were .wfts and it had disappearing bugs , which thanks to SL are now fixed! And I can't make collision with those (need a .wdr smile.gif) , i just posted it to give you all an idea how it , in a close appearance may look like!

Here are some of the screenshots i took back than:

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by GTARandom

Just saw the video, and I can honestly say that this is gonna be awesome. Guess I would jizz in my pants if I played it. tounge.gif

wow wow wow, damn man

1-I hate IV

2-I mod IV couse wanna try new things

But damn man, being fking honest...THIS SWEET PIECE OF ART! Will make my lazy ass take IV inside mah PC again and gtfo with IV-LC and install this man

VC always will be in mah mind the day it got released and i went to buy the Disk

Sweet, dont stop it man!

full support on this

maybe a reason for prince to never give up in IV tool dev

Is your mod an addon to IV? Cuz that would be badass if we can fly or drive from IV's LC to VC!

I love VC.

yes it is, cos i think the game would crash if u deleted all IV Map tounge.gif